Tuesday 24 April 2018

April Fabrics at Village Haberdashery, Plush Addict and Eternal Maker

A change of weather and suddenly garment sewing starts to look a lot more attractive!  Here are my dressmaking and quilting fabric choices for April from sponsors, Village Haberdashery, Plush Addict and Eternal Maker.

  1. Cotton Lawn: Watercolours. A beautiful digital print from Lady McElroy with a painterly vibe.  Hard to resist whilst the spring blooms are finally bursting forth in the UK!
  2. April Baby Quilt Fat Quarter Bundle: I love this primary brights bundle of fabrics featuring Heather Ross' Kinder range.  It would make the happiest baby quilt!
  3. CocoWawa Chestnut Sweater and Top Pattern: This is a simple make with a cute bow feature- I chose this as my daughter wears similar sweaters to this with the keyhole/bow back detailing so I thought some of you might like it- for yourselves or when sewing for others!

  1. Fat Quarter Bundle: Andover Bijoux Warm (14 fabrics). Small-scale ditsy and blender prints by Kathy Hall, all in warm tones- there's also a Marine colourway and a Neutral bundle
  2. Dashwood Corduroy: Four designs to choose from (top to bottom) Grey Butterfly, Teal Flowers, Brown Flowers, Purple Pomegranate.  These fabrics are 150cm/60" wide. 
  3. Geranium Dress, Made by Rae (Newborn to 5 yrs). I thought this sweet dress with its wide size variations would be a good fit for the Dashwood Corduroy.  Plus the mix-and-match nature of the pattern means you could easily pair a woven cotton bodice with a corduroy skirt.  A range of sleeve and skirt variations are also included.
  1. Rainbow Stripe Jersey.  Amazing sparkly lurex rainbow stripe on with grey background. 90% cotton/5% Lurex jersey/5% Elastane
  2. Kona Neon Bundle. I must be craving colour as my choices seem to be super bright and saturated- and making my eyes very happy!  Includes FQs of the following Kona colours: Breakers, Azure, Key Lime, Bright Idea, Cantaloupe, Orangeade, Sassy Pink and Bright Pink. 
  3. Kokka Double Gauze, Rings Green, by Ellen Baker.  To temper the brightness down, I was drawn to this darker print which has a playful graphic quality and I love the minty green.  Double gauze too, what's not to like?  Suitable for an Ogden Cami, a pattern which I've felt compelled to order, I see so many good versions online!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.